M-F 7:30AM - 4:30 PM CST
MSI offers furnace repair in Peoria IL. Local homes rely on our heating & cooling services to keep their furnace running right. Plus, our 24-hour emergency service means you won't be left without heat on a cold night. Our central location in Peoria IL means we can reach our customers quickly and provide fast, quality repair.
Does MSI carry insurance?
Yes, we are fully insured. You are fully protected in the event of an unfortunate accident or injury. We would be happy to prove our coverage.
Do you service or repair all major brands?
Yes. Our technicians are fully trained on the operating parameters of all brands of equipment, including models by Carrier, Trane, Lennox, and Goodman.
Do I need to stay home throughout the installation? That is entirely up to you. We hope that the primary contact person is home during the pre-install walk through and then you are free to do whatever you desire. It is important that we keep you updated on the progress we make throughout the day. Of course, at the conclusion of the job we will perform a post installation checklist to confirm we have accomplished your goals and exceeded your expectations.
How Long Does Furnace Repair by MSI Take?
As long as your existing ductwork is intact and works correctly, it normally takes less than a day to replace an outdated furnace. We can finish most repairs within a few hours, and we keep our clients updated on progress as well as any changes to the schedule.
How Quickly Can We Arrive At Your Location?
Our 24-hour service means we can arrive at your location shortly after your call, as long as we aren't already on a job and don't have a prior appointment at that time. Our location means we can reach most Peoria homes within minutes.
If your furnace is old or has a serious defect that will cost several hundred dollars to fix, then it may be wise to replace it. As a general rule of thumb, if your furnace is more than 10 years old and costs more than $500 to fix, then it should probably be replaced instead of repaired. However, if your furnace is old but not broken, then deciding on when to replace it can be difficult.
How long does a furnace last?
With the average life expectancy of furnaces in homes today to be between 15 and 20 years, you better start shopping for a new furnace if yours is close to this age range or older.
Trouble Shooting & General Maintenance:
To help extend the life expectancy of your furnace, there are a few things you can do. Once a year, vacuum out the area around the furnace’s blower. You can also use a toothbrush to clean the individual blades.
If your older furnace utilizes a pilot light that won’t stay lit, the thermocouple may be loose or faulty, the pilot orifice may be clogged, the pilot’s flame may be set too low, or the safety cutoff valve may be defective.
Here are some signs that your furnace needs repair. Outlined here are the unrecognizable signs, as a furnace that fails to provide the right amount of heat is obviously defective.
1. Strange noise and odors - If your furnace creaks, rattles, or makes other strange noises, then it may not be functioning properly. If you have a gas furnace and you notice the strong smell of gas when you turn it on, then you may also have a defective furnace. These are all warning signs that your furnace needs repair. Usually, these problems can be solved by simply correcting a configuration or cleaning a filter. However, some noises and odors can indicate a more serious problem with your furnace. In this case, furnace repair must be performed.
2. Inconsistent temperatures - When you feel that some rooms are too cold whereas others are too hot, or when you are always adjusting your thermostat get the right temperature, then your furnace may lack the ability to properly distribute the air to keep you comfortable in your home and thus may need repair. There may be other HVAC elements that are causing this problem, and MSI can definitely check on the entire heating system to determine the root of the problem.
3. Dry or dusty interior - Defective furnaces often lack the ability to humidify and clean the air in your home. Thus, the air in your house may feel stuffy or stale. Moreover, other signs may include frequent dust accumulation, static shocks, drooping plants, and furniture cracks. These signs may indicate that your furnace is not capable of providing the right air quality.
4. Aging system - If a furnace has worked excellently for many years, then you should consider its age. To know your furnace's age, you may check the installation service order given when it was first installed. Alternatively, you can find the information on the furnace label. Furnaces usually last between 15 and 20 years. If yours is older than this range, then you should expect it to break down soon.
5. Carbon monoxide poisoning - As furnaces age, they run the risk of developing cracks in the heat exchanger inside them. If carbon monoxide is present, then it could leak into your home undetected because it is odorless and colorless. When carbon monoxide is leaking, occupants may encounter frequent headaches, flu-like symptoms, nausea, disorientation, drowsiness, vomiting, and others. Should you experience any of these symptoms, air out your house and call an expert immediately for furnace repair.
6. Increased energy bills - Higher utility bills can be a sure sign that a furnace is working too hard and running more than usual. Furnaces often lose their efficiency as they age especially if they have not been properly maintained. As a result they may run longer to provide the same amount of heat. This causes your gas and electric bills to go up. Therefore, a sign that you need to have your furnace checked is when you notice an increase in your energy usage.
When it comes to commercial furnace repair in Peoria IL, MSI is trusted in healthcare facilities, schools, warehouses, churches, office buildings, factories and historic buildings. We are fully capable of repairing your furnace and providing regular preventive maintenance. Issues arising from remodels can be dealt with accordingly by our furnace repair service. You can count on our commitment to provide convenience and comfort to your place of business. Our business exists for yours.
We can also help you in your search for any of the following:
Our quality services represent our dedication to our work. Get in touch with one of our professionals today to get started.
7800 N Pioneer Ct, Peoria, IL 61615