M-F 7:30AM - 4:30 PM CST
MSI is proud to offer air conditioner repair in Peoria IL. Local homes and businesses depend on our heating & cooling services to keep their HVAC systems working properly. Our location in the heart of Peoria - between Knoxville Ave and University St - means we can reach most homes and businesses within minutes, enabling us to provide quality service when you need it. Our 24-hour emergency service means help is only a phone call away, no matter the time.
Heat pump replacement & installation
Air conditioner replacement & installation
We all know the discomfort caused by a failed air conditioning unit, as well as the negative effects it can have on a business. Whether residential or commercial air conditioning repair, our experts promptly arrive at your location and quickly repair the AC unit so that it can resume normal operations and occupants can resume their usual routines.
How Long Does AC Repair Take?
Similarly to furnace repair, most jobs should be done within a business day. A typical installation might take 4-10 hours, though a simple repair may require much less time.
How Quickly Can MSI Get To My Home Or Business?
Our location means we can get to most homes and businesses within minutes of receiving a call, assuming we aren't already on a site and don't have a previously scheduled appointment.
Do I Need To Be At Home During Repairs?
This is up to you. Our AC repair jobs usually take a few hours, which may be inconvenient if you have to take time off of work.
1. Poor air flow - When you notice weak or little air flowing through the vents, the compressor of the AC unit may be failing. In cases where areas or rooms in your home are getting cold air whereas others are not, the problem might be in the duct work, and it is a sign that your AC system needs urgent repair. Over time, debris can get stuck in your air conditioning vents, not only obstructing airflow but also presenting a health risk to you and the occupants.
2. Refrigerant leaks - If your air conditioner is low on refrigerant, then either it was undercharged at installation or it leaks. If it leaks, then simply adding refrigerant won't solve the problem. Through AC repair, a technician can fix any leak, test the repair, and then charge the system with the correct amount of refrigerant. The performance and efficiency of an air conditioner are at the maximum when the refrigerant charge exactly matches the manufacturer's specification and is neither undercharged nor overcharged. Moreover, refrigerant leaks are harmful to the environment.
3. Faulty controls - The compressor and fan controls of an AC system can wear out, especially when the air conditioner is turned on and off frequently, which is common when a system is oversized. Electrical connections and contacts should be checked during AC repair because the corrosion of wires and terminals is also a problem in many AC systems.
4. Unwanted moisture - Moisture around the AC system can be an indication of problems. Leaks from the air conditioning system are mainly caused by two reasons. In the most serious cases, leaks could be the refrigerant, which can cause serious health risks to occupants and must be repaired immediately. On the other hand, water pools adjacent to your air conditioner might indicate that the drain tube disposing air conditioner condensation is either blocked or broken. Repairs should be done to prevent further problems such as mold growth.
5. Unusual sounds - As a general rule, unwanted sounds in any system indicate system inefficiency. Noise should be an indicator of system malfuntion, and the AC should be repair immediately. Failure to service the unit could result in a pricey breakdown. A squealing noise means that the belt has slipped out of place. It may also indicate that a metal component in the air conditioning unit requires additional lubrication. A grinding sound may mean that the motor’s bearings are broken.
6. Strange odors - Pungent or foul smells from the air conditioning vents usually means that the AC’s wire insulation has burned out. Musty smells generally indicate mold inside the unit or ductwork, which must be cleaned immediately.
MSI has expert technicians to handle your AC issues. Moreover, we offer the following services:
7800 N Pioneer Ct, Peoria, IL 61615